Position ID: 20220107-Network-Engineer
Job Description/Expectations :
This position plays a vital role in engineering and supporting Movaci’s global network infrastructure. Movaci Network Engineer interface with customers and service providers through the Movaci Service Desk teams. This position is responsible for, Data Center, infrastructure faults, supporting and maintaining network infrastructure, and implementing systems and technologies. The Network Engineer Supports escalations between our network and outside vendors and customers. This is a hands-on position; intimate knowledge of IP-based network internals is required.
- Strong understanding of Movaci service desk roles and responsibilities including standards of procedures.
- Strong understanding of Movaci systems and how to support them.
- Willing to learn and gain IT experience/knowledge to the benefit of service desk and the responsibilities that fall under it.
- Shows ability to quickly understand service desk procedures and quickly identify where and how to implement them.
- Good repour with other Movaci service desk staff and customers.
- Moderate command of English (Speech, Reading, Writing).
- Willingness to be available on-call.
- IT Certificate in area of interest preferred but not required
- Responsible for maintaining data center, network and server infrastructure.
- Responsible for installing, supporting and maintaining new server hardware and software infrastructure.
- Responsible for maintaining the power backup systems, including the generator, UPS’s to make sure it is always ready to serve the data center when needed.
- Responsible for installing, test and turn-up new internet circuits, including supporting and maintaining internet connectivity and provide escalations to ISP’s when needed.
- Responsible for installing, supporting and maintaining wireless network infrastructure.
- Responsible for installing, supporting and Maintaining PRTG monitoring system.
- Handling tier 1 infrastructure issues, providing escalations for tier 2 issues.
- Responsible for undertaking routine preventative measures and implementing, maintaining and monitoring network security.
- Responsible for monitoring network usage and provide reports when required.
- Working closely with other departments/organizations and collaborating with other IT staff.
- Assisting other technical staff, for example service desk technicians, with projects.
The Network Engineer will report to the Network Management Manager.
8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday, 40-hour work week, pre-defined on-call schedule.
8:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday – Friday, 40-hour work week, pre-defined on-call schedule.
9:00 am – 6:00 pm, Monday – Friday, 40-hour work week, pre-defined on-call schedule.
For more Information:
Human Resources Department
Email: Human Resources Department | Phone: +66 (053) 920 555 | Fax: +66 (053) 204 356