Position ID: 20210303-System-Administrator
Job Description/Expectations :
The System Administrator’s role is to maintain, upgrade and manage server and information systems. The System Administrator ensures that systems are optimized, resources are managed, security is maintained and backups and support systems are available. The System Administrator will have strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills which will be used to resolve issues and maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major such as engineering or computer science.
- Experience with Microsoft, Linux server technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL, Linux SQL, Mail System, Web Servers , Backup system, NAS
and SAN Storage.
- Excellent listening, judgment and communication skills; an organized and systematic mind.
- Ability to be hands-on with technology and lead in problem analysis and resolution.
- Minimum of 2 years of System Administration experience.
- Broad system experience with Microsoft, and Linux Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of SharePoint, MS SQL, Exchange, Skype for Business, and Active Directory.
- Apply Operating System patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports Movaci’s infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Install new and rebuild existing servers, configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Provide Tier II/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
9:00 am – 6:00 pm, Monday – Friday, 40 hour work week, 24 x 7 on-call as needed.
For more information:
Human Resources Department
Email: Human Resources Department | Phone: +66 (053) 920 555 | Fax: +66 (053) 204 356